Words matter. Do you know the difference between SEO, CTA, ROI and LMFAO? If so, we are seeking a passionate content writer, who can create original, tailored content, with user engagement and search engine optimisation being the main focus.
If you’re familiar with marketing strategies, think creatively, and know how to shape words around the customer experience to engage – this may be the perfect role for you. As a Marketing Copywriter / Content Creator at Oddball Marketing, you will play an important operational role within our expanding Marketing team, based at our West Gosford head office on the beautiful Central Coast of New South Wales.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Copywriter who can skilfully research, write and edit original, targeted copy for our clients, with user engagement and search engine optimisation as the focus. Our clients come from a multitude of industries, so you will be responsible for creating quality content, messaging and managing communications for diverse audiences and businesses.
- Write, edit and proofread all forms of website content with a focus on engagement & conversion
- Write multiple SEO-optimised blog posts each week
- Write multiple social media posts and manage client content calendars across different platforms
- Craft branded copy for Oddball’s weekly marketing resources and newsletter to educate our audience
- Ensure all content is produced in a timely manner and SEO optimised
- Manage marketing content assets as required, including sales letters, email marketing copy, subject lines, brochures etc.
- Brief our Designers and Social Media specialist on content, layout and suggested messaging concepts
- You have a degree and relevant experience in Communications or Digital Marketing, or a marketing role at another company
- You have at least 3+ years of proven experience writing SEO-friendly content professionally for blogs, newsletters, scripts and understand how to tailor messaging across multiple social media platforms
- You are creative, with a passion for copywriting, creating engaging content, and mastering the written word for different audiences
- You tech-savvy and can easily navigate different content management systems, word processing software and editing tools
- You’re an efficient worker and clear communicator in all situations, formats and professional settings
- You have a smart sense of humour and know when to use it, but you’re never offensive, cynical or crass
- You are deadline focused and have excellent priority management skills, calmly juggling multiple projects and tasks at once across shifting timelines
- You LOVE feedback on your writing, and thrive off an opportunity to improve your work to make it the best.
- If you have noticed a typo in this advertisement, then you should reach out as you may have the editing gene we need for this role!
What we offer:
You have an opportunity to work with a multi-award winning team. We’re a growing Central Coast business who will provide lots of future potential to the career of the right candidate.
The benefits of working at Oddball Marketing include:
- Working closely with a team of marketing experts
- Working on content for a range of clients, industries & platforms
- Training opportunities, including attending industry events
- A fast-paced but fun place to work and grow your role with the business
- Monthly lunches and quarterly team events
- Our name says it all… We love fresh, new ideas and out of the box thinking
- Work locally in West Gosford on the Central Coast
- A competitive salary based on your experience
If you love working with words, meet the above requirements, and you have current working rights in Australia, apply now. For the right applicant this position has an immediate start.
We are not accepting any remote working applicants or overseas applicants as you will be required to work full-time in our West Gosford office with our team.
Only applications including both (1) up to date Resume and (2) Cover Letter (outlining your experience working with content and why you are suited to this particular role) will be considered.