Central Coast Leagues Club Fitness (CCLCF) based in Gosford CBD.
The Central Coast Leagues Club is conveniently located in Gosford CBD, alongside our region’s waterfront football stadium, commuter train network and the beautiful Brisbane Water. CCLF is the Coast’s “one stop shop” for fitness, health and wellness activities. As a regional gym, their aim is to help members on their individual fitness journey by providing the correct advice and access to state of the art facilities.
This local fitness focused business approached us for help achieving 3 main business goals:
- Increase gym membership – requires an Acquisition Strategy
- Improve member retention
- Engage with their existing members better
We determined these objectives made it best to work with their General Manager directly, in an advisory capacity. This means Oddball essentially act as their remote-yet-connected Marketing Team each month.
The Oddball Approach
We lined up the existing marketing opportunities available to the gym, and brought their management under our wing to begin attracting new leads immediately.
At the start of our relationship, Team Oddball delivered the following for CCLF:
- Produced a branded monthly e-newsletter (EDM) to engage with their existing audience
- Created promotional material for 1000x 7-Day Free Gym Passes to attract new prospective members
- Built the infrastructure for prospective members to easily download a free pass online
- Targeted Social Media Advertising to attract new members, with Audience Types most likely to use their gym
The free passes were a particular win for this client, as we suggested minimising cost by creating downloadable passes, rather than printed ones. This digital free pass also allowed for the net to be cast a lot wider to attract new visitors.
Social media advertising opened up the entire regional Central Coast area for this client to offer their exclusive free pass. With our Social Media Strategist’s guidance, this client was now able to target social campaigns to their typical audience type and demographic, including people on the Central Coast who may be interested in Group Classes or Creche.
The highlight of our foundational work with this client is the Acquisition Strategy we developed. As one of the gym’s main aims when coming to us (the aim of any gym really), was to attract new members. We needed a thorough and effective plan to make this happen. At Oddball, we’re not the type to guess or feel our way in the dark!
Our Acquisition Strategy included designing and producing marketing collateral that promoted:
- The facility of the gym (the physical space and what it offered visitors)
- Free trials available for new members
- Gathering testimonials for social proof
- Generating aspirational content to engage and inspire
The Oddball Effect
By working directly alongside our client’s General Manager in an advisory role, Oddball hit home runs on the initial goals:
- 600+ “Red-hot” leads (not “good-looking” people, but valuable, viable prospective members!)
- 304x Net New Members
- Engagement of existing members through email and social media campaigns
These results show great promise for the work we’re championing for this fitness industry client:
35% Open Rate on email newsletters – well above the industry average
154% increase in existing membership – 300+ New Members added to total 1000 Members
We now regularly work with this fitness industry client to produce:
- Unique content for monthly email newsletters
- Seasonally update and print large Gym Timetables
- Design and print promotional brochures
- Ongoing targeted social media management and advertising